In all honesty, I started thinking about our hospital bags around 3 months, starting collecting lists around 6 months and have started packing our bags as of now :o)
I am a planner, packer, over-preparer (not a real word, I just made it up) and I am 100% okay with that. I want to be comfortable and have as much as I can predict I will need before and after. I am sure there are items listed below that I will not need but only I will know that and only after I go through this experience. To make is a little easier, we packed 3 different bags that will come in at different times during our stay; labor, baby, postpartum.
1. Two different types of pacifiers. We are not 100% sure we will introduce one to Peanut in the hospital but I wanted to have them on hand in case.
2. Hand sanitizer. I am sure there will be a ton of this in the hospital but I wanted some right at the bed to use.
4. No scratch mittens. And yes, I NEED these… Just ask my Sissy if you think I don’t.
5. A few outfits. The monkey one is Peanut’s going home outfit!
6. Hats of both gender 🙂
7. Security blanket my Mom made for Peanut (I have a matching one for the hospital).
8. Two receiving blankets for pictures.
10. Burp cloths
1. Bobby pillow with custom made cover made by my Mommy to help with breastfeeding.
2. Soothing gel pads
3. Disposable breast pads
5. Witch Hazel for pain management