I am always looking for new link ups to participate in to not only get my blog out there but also give me topics to write about. Through a fellow blogger, I discovered a new challenge called, 31 Days. This is completely up my alley and couldn’t have come at a better time.
At almost 23 weeks PP, although loosing 30+ lbs, I am still 16 away from my pre pregnancy weight and about 62 lbs overweight. I keep trying to get motivated and focused but about 3 days into my week I lose it. Partly because being a Mom doesn’t allow for conventional meal times or the ability to get a good workout in. But it’s mostly because of me, no excuses. I only have a few pictures of me and my baby boy which makes my heart break.
The purpose of this challenge is to find a topic to blog about for the 31 days of October. I have decided to focus on myself and the focus of my 31 days will be 31 days to a happier & healthier me – mentally, physically and emotionally. To help me stay focused, I am going to brainstorm topics and choose 31 of them to write on Popsicle sticks. Every morning I will choose one and focus on that for the day and write about it that night.
Some of the topics I have started to think about are:
– Write a list of veggies that I do like and find recipes to incorporate them into my lunches, snacks and dinners
– Put on make up, do my hair and take a few snap shots of myself
– Get a massage and spend the time relaxing and “finding my inner Zen”
– Track my liquids for the day and reflect on how I feel (any changes?)
– Take an hour walk with Parker and tell him stories of his Daddy and me
– Research exercises I can do with Parker
– Find a Mommy and Me yoga class and try it out
– Go through my closet and pick some of my favorite outfits I use to wear and will again someday
– Design a week menu that includes ALL of WW healthy guidelines and stick to it
– Color my hair
– No TV for a day, instead listen to iTunes and make a playlist that makes me feel good
– Unplug for a day (no TV, phone, computer) and sit outside with P and read a book
– Spend the 4 Friday’s making a dessert that is healthy but a fun treat that curbs my chocolate craving
– Research different organic vitamins and start a new regiment
– Research cleaning checklists and develop a realistic one to follow
– Dinner date night with the hubs
– Watch my wedding video, look at scrapbooks and pictures
Okay, more topics to come. For now, it’s time to get some beauty sleep while P is sleeping. My next step is creating my button for it and finishing my topics!
Hi, I'm Mary! SAHM to two kiddos, military wife, and small business owner. I run for bling, practice yoga for balance, and eat lots of chocolate #because.
Search the Blog
While some of the products I share on this blog may be gifted, posts may be sponsored, or a small commission may be made via affiliate links, all opinions are my own & I only endorse products products our family uses and loves. Thank you for supporting the brands that support us!