2013 Resolutions & Goals – Monthly Challenge
As we approach the end of one year and the beginning of another, I can’t help but think of all the things I want to accomplish. I have always loved January 1st because it feels like a clean slate. Normally, I write a half a** list of things I want to accomplish on a piece of paper that I end up losing before the end of January. Since blogging has become a part of my every day life, I thought this would be the perfect avenue to organize my thoughts and create one ambitious and amazing resolution list for 2013!
Health – This year, on June 26th, I will turn 30 years old. I have been actively trying to lose weight since the beginning of November. I go to the gym about 5 days a week, follow my WW points and try to make the best decision possible. Come January 1st, I am stepping it into high gear because I want to be in the 130’s by the time I am 30. I know it is pretty ambitious since that is roughly 78 pounds. To help with this, I have two other goals. After looking at the number of times we have eaten McDonalds this month along, I am pretty much sick to my stomach. I just love it so much. I have to be realistic and so I am hoping to dwindle fast food down to once a week the first half of the year and then once a month in the second half of the year. In a nutshell, here is what I hope to accomplish.
– Lose 68-78 lbs
– Develop a meal planning system on a monthly basis
– Limit fast food to once a week max (Jan – June) and twice a month (June-December) – Baby steps!
– No more Diet Soda (Yikes!)
– Research and make changes to food products that can be harmful.
– Follow WW weekly by tracking, following the healthy guidelines and exercising 5 days a week
– Run a 5k
Manager of The Meyer Home – As the SAHM, I am responsible for managing the house. This includes maintaining our budget and keeping a clean house. While this may seem like two fairly simple tasks, they are made up of many individual responsibilities. I have to pay the bills, make sure we are staying within our budget, clean the house, look after P, schedule appointments, grocery shop, cook (sometimes), do the laundry and more. Breaking it down, these are the tangible items I can do to help maintain our home.
– Finish developing a comprehensive cleaning checklist
– Create a house binder with all information, lists contact number etc…
– Back up all pictures, documents and files
– Organize file cabinet and go electronic using our NeatReceipt
– Clean out and reorganize my email
Updates Around The House – Since we had to move into the new house rather quickly and right before the holidays, Rob and I decided the first priority was unpacking and decorating. We figured we would paint and really organize each room one by one when we had the chance. In order to hold us accountable, I decided to task ourselves to work on 1 room a month so that we would be done by 2014. You can read more about my plans for the house over at My Crafting Attic!
– Entry Way
– Living Room
– Laundry Room
– Dining Room
– Guest Room
– P’s Room
– Master Bedroom
– My closet
– Guest Bathroom
– Art Room
Memory Keeper – As the crafter, mom and woman of the house, the task of keeping memories naturally falls to me. I of course don’t mind this one bit 🙂 It can be a daunting task of taking, uploading and organizing pictures monthly. But again, a task I don’t mind! These are a few of the projects I would love to complete this year.
– Finish our wedding planning binder
– Finish the baby planning/education binder
– Finish P’s first digital scrapbook (maternity, birth and newborn)
– Order our 2012 blog book
– Create a scrapbook for Alice
– Update Flip Flops scrapbook
– Do our 2010 and 2011 scrapbook… Seriously, this is why I need these lists every year!
Personal Development/Blogging/Etsy – Most people probably don’t understand this new blogging obsession of mine. If asked, I probably couldn’t fully articulate it anyway. It has become my way of still contributing to the world, helping others and reflecting on this new life of mine all at the same time. I started out just wanting to keep friends and family updated on my pregnancy but it has slowly turned into something more. These are a few of the things I will be burning the midnight oil on while my boys are dreaming of sugar plums.
– Complete Craftsy course in photography
– Complete Red Velvet Blog Love E-Course
– Get some organizational printables and subway art up on Etsy
– Follow through on my Monthly Challenge & Tipful Thursday Link Ups and Wedding Wednesday Series.