** Special thanks to VTech for providing the Go! Go! Smart Animals Zoo Explorers Playset for free in exchange for my honest review. As always, all opinions are 100% my own and I do not recommend products I wouldn’t use myself or with my family. **
Rob and I are always on the hunt for small toys to keep Parker occupied in the car and when we go out to eat. A few months ago we came across the Go! Go! Smart Wheels series by VTech. We both loved how you could buy the individual vehicles or the playsets for more interactive play at home. We started out with the VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Helicopter and the VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels Fire Truck. Both worked out great and we eventually purchased the VTech Go! Go! Smart Wheels – Airport Playset. The Go! Go! series is great because the vehicles are small and can be used with or without the playsets. At the same time, the pieces of the playsets are large enough we won’t have to worry about them laying around when Caity starts crawling (which is still a LONG way off).
I was thrilled when we were given the chance to review the Go! Go! Smart Animals Zoo Explorers Playset, a brand extension of the award-winning Go! Go! Smart Wheels series. The Go! Go! Smart Animals line provides traditional role-play with modern technology for an engaging, multi-sensory learning experience.
Since we have been laying low readjusting to our new family of four and it’s a dreary day, I decided it was a perfect opportunity to set up the Go! Go! Smart Animals Zoo Explorers Playset to try out. It took a good 30 minutes to put together following the directions and using the box as reference, both of which are extremely helpful.
Go! Go! Smart Animals™ Zoo Explorers Playset™:
- Includes a Rhino who teaches kids the animal name, color gray, and fun facts in addition to 3 sing-along songs.
- Features 7 SmartPoint locations where animals respond with different phrases, music or fun sound effects.
- Children can strengthen their motor skills with eight manipulative features including a turning gate, spinning water tank and sliding elevator.
- The colorful tracks can be reconfigured or connected to other Go! Go! Smart Animals or Go! Go! Smart Wheels playsets (each sold separately) to encourage children’s creativity.
- The zoo also features an electronic entrance that teaches animal names, animal traits, letters, colors and plays music.
- Recommended for ages 1-5 years
- Requires 2 AAA batteries (not included) for the Zoo entrance and 2 AAA (included for demo purposes) for the Rhino.
The Go! Go! Smart Animals Zoo Explorers Playset is perfect for a rainy day and kept Parker entertained for hours. He really enjoyed listening to all of the music/sounds and playing with the dials, Smart Point locations, and elevator. The tunes are catchy and really added to the imaginative and interactive play. Chief (aka Parker’s Grandfather) and I had fun using different track pieces to create different configurations of the playset.