My good friend over at All Things Rothe recently suggested we do an interview with our littles to see what honest and completely hilarious answers they could come up with. You can check out her interview with her son Oakley here. I decided it was perfect timing to include Parker’s interview into his monthly update!
1. What is something mommy always says to you? whine (as in stop whining!) although I wish he was talking about actual wine
2. What makes you happy? smiley face
3. What makes you sad? Ghosts
4. What makes you laugh? Caity
5. How old are you? Parker (I guess this is something we need to work on)
6. How old is Mommy? Boat
7. How old is Daddy? Parker (clearly we need to work on ages more)
8. What is your favorite thing to do? Cry (well yes if he does what he loves most of the day that would be crying/whining)
9. Who is your best friend? Cylis (his babysitters dog who he has never met)
10. What do you want to be when you grow up? A tickle monster
11. What are you really good at? Being good at the store
12. What are you not very good at? A the store
13. What did you do today? The barn (it was actually a grocery store)
14. What is your favorite food? Treats
15. What is your favorite song? Miles (Miles from Tomorrow Land)
16. What do you want for your birthday this year? Balloons
17. What is your favorite animal? Elephant
18. What is love? Animals
19. What does daddy do for work? Does working
20. Where do you live? Canada (with the American flag with a leaf on it;)
21. Where is your favorite place to go? Celebration park
Clearly we need to work on ages but other than that I was pretty impressed with the fact that he could answer most of the questions with accurate answers.
In other news, Parker has really seemed to develop a fear complex this month. My guess is it mostly has to do with the yet another life change in moving to Canada. He doesn’t like the dark and no longer wanted to sleep in his bed. He always was asking to sleep in our bed and cuddle, something he hasn’t done since he was about 6 months old. Since things have been changing so much recently his only constant is us and he knows that Caity sleeps in our bed too. So we let him sleep with us for a few nights. While we have a nice large king bed, it doesn’t seem so large with 2 kids and the occasional cat. We set up his cot in our room and stuck a deal with him. If he went to sleep in his room with the lights on we would open his door when we went to bed. Then if he woke up in the middle of the night he could come in and sleep on his cot. That has been working out much better. Now we are trying to get him asleep with the light off. Then we may consider removing the cot and just putting him back to bed when he wakes.
He most definitely is three ears old and as I type this I can hear him pushing his Daddy’s buttons in the other room. We were originally waiting until the new year to find a daycare for him but I think we are going to start him sooner. He is desperate to make some friends and I know he could use the opportunity to really let out some energy. They start school here at 4 so I also want to start getting him acclimated with a more structured day.
Potty training hasn’t really gone anywhere since last month. He did ask to poop on the potty recently (yes I know, something you all want to hear about). It doesn’t go anywhere after that and I haven’t really pushed the issue. I keep hearing other mommy friends talk about how stressful it is and since I don’t have to push it, even if he starts daycare, I am not going to push it. I do find he asks to go to the bathroom more when we are out. Probably because he gets distracted at home and doesn’t want to stop playing.