How do you describe a close knit family?
A close-knit group of people are closely linked, do things together, and take an interest in each other.
What do you call a tight-knit group?
Closely linked or connected, as by a common identity, culture, or bond. cliquish. clannish. cliquey.
What is a close knit group called?
Synonyms, crossword answers and other related words for CLOSE-KNIT GROUP [cadre]
What is another word for tight knitting?
Tightknit Synonyms – WordHippo Thesaurus.
What is another word for tightknit?
How would you describe a tight-knit community?
Synonyms & Antonyms of tight-knit
used to describe a group of people who care about each other and who are very friendly with each other. We are a tight-knit community.
Is it tightly knit or tight-knit?
The adverb forms are closely-knit and tightly-knit. The comparitive forms may be closer-knit and tighter-knit, or more close-knit and more tight-knit. The superlative forms may be closest-knit and tightest-knit or most close-knit and most tight-knit.
How do you knit tight?
Tight-knit in a Sentence
- Our family is a tight-knit group, and we enjoy going on family vacations together several times a year.
- Harriet hoped to be accepted at her new school, but the tight-knit group of friends had no desire to let her into their clique.
What is the synonym of tight?
Words related to tight
compact, cramped, fast, inflexible, narrow, rigid, solid, stable, steady, stiff, strained, strong, sturdy, taut, tense, thick, tightened, airtight, short, uncomfortable.
Is a tight-knit community?
From Longman Dictionary of Contemporary Englishˌtight-ˈknit adjective [usually before noun] a tight-knit group of people are closely connected with each other a tight-knit island communityExamples from the Corpustight-knit• The Cajuns are a very tight-knit and family-orientated community.
What is the opposite of tight-knit?
“a tight-knit organization” Antonyms: unintegrated, nonintegrated.
How do you end a sentence in knitting?
Close-knit sentence example
- Growing up in a close-knit family, she’s always placed a high priority on marriage and motherhood. …
- There aren’t many of us, and we’re all over the world, but we’re really close-knit. …
- Although the Parrishes were a close-knit family, Jackson and Emily shared a special bond.