How do you uncurl a knitted scarf?
Spray a linen towel or dishcloth with water until it is quite damp, and lay the towel on top of the scarf. Then press the fabric with a steam iron on a high setting (never press directly onto a knitted piece with a hot iron). The heat and steam will stretch the yarn somewhat, relaxing the tension that leads to curling.
How do you speed up a block in knitting?
[Question] Is there a way to dry/block handknits faster?
- Soak item in cool soapy water (tsp of Soak)
- Let drain, soak again in clean water 2-3 times.
- Gently squeeze water out of the item.
- Lay item on 2 thick towels, roll up, squeeze.
- Repeat the towel burrito with dry towels.
- Block item onto yet another towel and wait…
What is rib stitch?
Rib stitch is a textured vertical stripe stitch pattern and is created by alternating knit and purl stitches in the same row, then knitting the same stitch in the next row. This forms columns of knit and purl stitches, and is often used for cuffs or brims.
What is Purlwise in knitting?
To slip a stitch purlwise, you insert your needle into the next stitch as if to purl, and just slide it from your left needle to your right needle. To slip a stitch knitwise, insert your needle as if to knit, and then slip that from your left needle to your right needle.