How do you take care of embroidery?
- All embroidered garments should be washed with a mild detergent.
- Do not use chlorine bleach or optical brightening agents.
- If bleach is required for washing, use non-chlorine bleach in accordance with product instructions .
- Machine wash cold water.
- Delicate wash cycle.
How do you take good care of embroidery thread?
In order to remove all residue, we recommend rinsing embroidered garments in lukewarm water and then rinsing in cold water several times until rinse water is clear. Stain removers may damage the color and consistency of the embroidery thread especially when scrubbed by hand or with a brush.
How do you keep sewing tools and materials clean and safe?
How to Care for Your Sewing Tools
- Protect your sewing machine with a cover to prevent dust buildup.
- Use new and high-quality thread (like Guterman) to prevent dust buildup on the interior of the machine.
- Dust inside the bobbin case with a tiny brush.
- Use your sewing machine manual to clean each part of the machine properly.
Why is it important to know learn the different tools and materials in embroidery?
For machine embroidery, it is pretty important that you understand how to use your machine and what it is capable of. For hand embroidery, it is important that you have the right basic tools. If you don’t know what those are, ask.
How do I keep my embroidery thread from fading?
“Soak the piece in ice cold water until the color starts to come out. Then, rub ice cubes over the area and put it back into fresh ice water and soak again. Repeat these steps until the area is clear. This process may take a few weeks, but often works.