How do you block knitted blanket squares?
How to Block Your Knitting
- Step 1: Wetting. Soak your knitted item in gentle wash per the yarn label instructions. …
- Step 2: Blocking.
- A. Lay your damp knitting right-side up on the your blocking surface and gently nudge the piece to your finished measurements. …
- B. …
- Step 3: Steaming (optional) …
What can I do with knitted squares?
Things To Do With A Knitted Square
- Use them as a mat for your plant pot – this one is great if you’ve dropped a stitch and need to hide it!
- Stitch together in a square to form the front of a cushion cover.
- Add ties at the side and use for a bike seat cover.
- Stitch together in a length to make a scarf.
Where can I send my knitted squares?
Warm Up America requests donations of 7″ x 9″ squares, along with completed afghans, baby and lap blankets, or any other items that can help keep people warm. These are sent to social service organizations all over the country.