How do you use the word stitch in a sentence?
English Sentences Focusing on Words and Their Word Families The Word “Stitch” in Example Sentences Page 1
- [S] [T] You need stitches. ( …
- [S] [T] I think Tom needs stitches. ( …
- [S] [T] I had to get seven stitches. ( …
- [S] [T] “A stitch in time saves nine” is a proverb. ( …
- [S] [T] A stitch in time saves nine. (
What does it mean when someone is a stitch?
Another kind of stitch is a painful cramp in your stomach or side: “I stopped running when I got a stitch.” If someone says, “I haven’t got a stitch to wear,” they’re short on clothing. And being “in stitches” means laughing uncontrollably.
What means Stich?
(Entry 1 of 3) : a measured part of something written especially in verse : line, verse. stich. noun (2)
How do you use fetch in a sentence?
Fetch sentence example
- The two boys saw him and ran to fetch his shoes. …
- I’ll fetch some next time I am in town. …
- You fetch souls instead of the death-dealers. …
- One morning I left the cage on the window-seat while I went to fetch water for his bath. …
- “I will fetch her out,” said Israel Putnam.
How do you use batch in a sentence?
batch together; assemble or process as a batch.
- The cost is not sensitive to the batch size.
- She made a batch of her special oatmeal cookies.
- The first batch of cakes was burnt.
- Each summer a new batch of students tries to find work.
- He worked his way through the batch of letters on his desk.
What is stitch slang for?
to join or mend by means of stitches or sutures. slang. to incriminate (someone) on a false charge by manufacturing evidence. to betray, cheat, or defraud.
What does stitch mean on Tik Tok?
If you’re looking for more ways to collaborate with other TikTok users, check out the Stitch feature. Stitching lets you trim a clip from someone else’s video and then use it at the start of yours. It’s great for reaction videos, where you post your response to another video you’ve seen.
What kind of noun is stitch?
stitch. noun. noun. /stɪtʃ/ 1[countable] one of the small lines of thread that you can see on a piece of cloth after it has been sewn; the action that produces this Try to keep the stitches small and straight.
What is stitching sewing?
In the textile arts, a stitch is a single turn or loop of thread, or yarn. Stitches are the fundamental elements of sewing, knitting, embroidery, crochet, and needle lace-making, whether by hand or machine. A variety of stitches, each with one or more names, are used for specific purposes.