How do we keep the bobbin area below the plate clean?
Cleaning the bobbin area – Video Included
- Press. …
- Slide the needle plate cover toward you to remove it.
- Grab the bobbin case, and then pull it out.
- Use the cleaning brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any lint and dust from the race and bobbin thread sensor and the surrounding area.
- – Do not apply oil to the bobbin case.
How do I remove the bobbin from My Brother sewing machine?
Loosen the presser foot screw and the needle clamp screw to remove the presser foot holder and the needle.
- Grasp both sides of the needle plate cover and then slide it toward you to remove the needle plate cover.
- Remove the bobbin case. Grasp the bobbin case and then pull it out.
Do Brother sewing machines need oiling?
If you are a Light to Moderate user (2 – 3 hours per day), your product should be oiled as described in the User’s Manual. Most products require 1 – 2 Drops of Sewing Machine Oil at each oiling point, once a month, taking care to remove any thread or dirt and to wipe off any excess oil.
Why is my bobbin thread not catching?
Check the upper thread. – Check to see if your upper tension is too tight. … – Your thread could be caught on something between the needle and your spool of thread if so, your thread will be too tight for the needle to pick up the bobbin thread. – Make sure that the upper thread is threaded properly.
What parts of the sewing machine are to be cleaned and lubricated?
The needle, presser foot, and bobbin area are the main parts of your sewing machine that need to be routinely cleaned. This can be done by you.
How often should you clean and lubricate the sewing machine?
The rule of thumb is to lubricate the machine after every three to four bobbin changes. Or clean and lubricate the hook area after each day of sewing.
How do you remove bits of lint thread dust and fabric when cleaning the machine?
Common tools like a small dry brush or old toothbrush or compressed air and a soft cloth are used to remove dust and lint.
How do you clean a sewing machine shuttle?
Use the cleaning brush or a vacuum cleaner to remove any lint and dust from the shuttle race and its surrounding area.
Insert the tabs on the needle plate cover into the needle plate, and then slide the cover back on.
- Never use a bobbin case that is scratched; …
- Be sure that the bobbin case is correctly installed.