What does it mean to increase evenly in knitting?
When a pattern tells us to evenly increase or decrease stitches in a row, that means that we have to do some basic math to figure out how many stitches we should leave between the increases / decreases and how to make sure those increases / decreases are more or less centred, so that the knitted piece looks symmetrical …
How do you increase stitches evenly when knitting in the round?
The pattern tells you to increase a number of stitches evenly. Example 1: You have 100 sts and you shall increase 16 sts evenly. Use a calculator and enter 100 divided by 16 and you will get 6.25. The number you get should be rounded down to full or half number.
How do I increase my knitting size bigger?
How to Make a Swatch
- With your selected yarn or yarns and a size 15 US needle, cast on 12 stitches. …
- Bind off your stitches.
- Soak your swatch for 10 minutes in lukewarm water.
- Gently squeeze out the water from the knit.
- Stretch your swatch just enough to make the sides straight.
- Measure the width from the cast-on side.