What are the 7 mysteries of the rosary?
For the purposes of the Rosary, these are called mysteries. The focus is always on Jesus.
- The Resurrection of Our Lord.
- The Ascension of Our Lord.
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit upon the Apostles.
- The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into Heaven.
- The Coronation of Our Lady as Queen of Heaven and Earth.
Why do rosaries have 59 beads?
Arosary generally has sets of 10 beads, a decade, with an additional larger bead for each decade. … A five-decade version would have a total of 59 beads. Priests and nuns might use a fifteen-decade variety. This would also be attached to the shorter strand with the crucifix.
What is the final prayer said for the rosary?
At the end of your Rosary, say the Hail Holy Queen. Hail, Holy Queen, Mother of mercy, our life, our sweetness, and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve, to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.